PLEASE READ CAREFULLY our requirements for each hot tub before making a booking. If you are unsure of the measurements then please make sure you have a tape measure handy and then give us a call. You can also email us a short video or photos once you have spoke to us so we can have a look and see if we think it is viable to get a one piece type hot tub into your garden but if its not possible then don’t despair as we can normally still offer you the Canadian Spa instead as this type of hot tub comes in sections and we build it up for you so the access is never a problem for this model.
Requirements for the Orbis Hot Tub
- A Debris free, flat area of 3m squared (8ft) is required to be able to site the hot tub safely. This can either be on a patio,lawn or decking if its been built strong.
- The area needs to able to support about 1300kg with people in the hot tub.
- We can roll the Orbis up or down low steps but not steep steps. If the total height of your steps are higher than you then it is unlikely we can get the Orbis hot tub over them but if you are unsure please send us a video with some height measurements for us to have a look at.
- We can not lift the the Orbis hot tub off the ground completely as its too heavy and awkward but it does lift up on end and roll into position making it 180cm in Length / height by 74cm width. Obviously we need a bit more access than this to get it in so we ask for at least 78cm width through any gateways, passage ways and doors. When measuring please take into account anything that would narrow the gap like gas meter boxes, window ledges etc and always measure the gap at floor height and head height because this can also vary. If there are any overhead obstructions they need to be less than 190cm or the same from the top to the bottom of a door frame. When measuring door and gate widths always measure with door in the open position at the narrowest point from the door to the frame. You also need to take into account any steps or rises in the ground any closer than 200cm to the door it needs to get through as this would rise the hot tub rolling over it making it too tall to get through the door.
- The walk way needs to be straight and continuous with no tight corners to get around. At each end of any walk way if we have to turn the hot tub around a corner the minimum turning circle length we need before there is any obstructions e.g. facing walls, trees, sheds etc is 190cm.
- We need the area we have to walk through to be cleared before we arrive of all objects, including bins and bikes etc.
- Cars or other vehicles need to be moved before we arrive from your drive.
- Access to a standard 13amp electric house socket outside or through a window. If you have upvc windows they normally have summer locks to lock the window slightly open with a cable through it.
- Access to a water supply inside or outside, we come with tap connectors to fit on most inside taps. We also need a drain ideally within 10 metres of the hot tub to pump the water out on collection, if its further away please let us know when booking.
- A safe, secure area e.g. we cannot set up our hot tubs in communal gardens or on balconies of flats.
- We will no longer set up our hot tubs inside buildings with any electrics anywhere near by to be able to meet our insurance criteria . If you have an outhouse with no electrics in it that’s fine.
- We also need all dogs and young children to be out of our way whilst setting up the hot tub as we use strong chemicals whilst sanitising and preparing your hot tub ready for use.
- If we have to carry all the bits through your house its up to you to cover up your floor as we can’t take our shoes on and off while we are back and forth. There may also be a few small drips of water coming off the parts as we walk through. Our installers are very careful not to damage anything but please consider anything that could get knocked and move it out of harms way.
- We also need one person available for delivery of the hot tub to give them usage instructions, show how to add the chemicals, clean the filters and of course take payment if you have arranged to pay on delivery.
- Delivery is 1 day before the first day of use to allow the tub to heat up in time. ie a Thurs-Thurs hire is for the firsts days use on Friday. So no matter what time our delivery driver gets to you the hot tub will still be ready to use the next morning. A 7 day hire is for 6 full days use.
- If we have access to the hot tub i.e gates left unlocked, a power supply is available and our hot tub has been left unplugged then nobody needs to be in for collection.